Monday, December 7, 2009

A Journal

I have decided to share bits of my journal with you, my friends. Right now I am on the edge of a new transition, just as I was six weeks ago, when I left for Niger as an Agroforesty Extension Agent with the Peace Corps.

After six weeks there, our training class is being transferred to Madagascar due to security concerns in the region. This journal will tell about my time in Niger, and hopefully I will be able to update it periodically in Madagascar, though I don't know how often that will be. I will be working in the Environment program there, hopefully also with Agro-forestry or another agriculture-related project.

Some of you have followed my bicycle trip journals. This may be a bit different, as there are no daily milestones (or kilometer-stones) to measure myself by, no map to trace my progress, and an end-point that is 24 months from now, and definitely less frequent internet access, but we'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment